Paediatric Sleep Study Day
Who is it for?
Paediatricians, GPs, psychologists, senior nurses and other senior health professionals who work with children or young people with additional support needs.
Training course objectives and outcomes
The aims of the course are as follows:
- To give participants a good knowledge of sleep processes and the importance of sleep in the developing child, with a focus on ADHD and Autism.
- To enable participants to recognise many of the causes of poor sleep in children with additional support needs.
- To support participants to be able to offer support and advice.
The following is a sample programme for the training course, but course contents may occasionally vary.
- What is Sleep? The physiology and an introduction to the sleep disorders of childhood
- Sleep pharmacology
- A parent’s perspective
- Sleep disordered breathing
- ADHD and sleep problems
- Epilepsy and sleep
- Autism, complex needs and sleep
- Case studies
You can also visit our Trainers page for a list of the experts who present these courses.
The cost of attending this 1 day training course is
Medical Student: £50
Commissioning local training
As with all Sleep Scotland training, the Paediatric Sleep Study Day is available for commission. This is suitable for any team of Senior Health Professionals with an interest in paediatric sleep and who wish to train up to 50 members of staff. This will be the most cost-effective way of training a number of people and we would encourage you to invite other teams in your locality, where appropriate, to share the cost.
For more information, or to request a costing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 651 1392.
To apply for a course, please complete the corresponding application form attached below and send it to us by post.
Paediatric Sleep Study Day Application Form
8 Hope Park Square