"Sleep is an essential part of existence, without which there are serious psychological and physical consequences" (Stores, 2009).
We have developed Sound Sleep, a teaching pack and training day for education professionals throughout the UK. The project, which was launched in 2011, aims to raise awareness in schools of the importance of sleep for our emotional and physical wellbeing.
Upcoming training courses
Please see the following table for upcoming training courses. To apply for a training course, please complete the corresponding application form.
Glasgow February 2013
|13 February 2013||Application form (.doc)|
|NEW for 2013 - Sound Sleep
via Video Conferencing
|20th March 2013|
London September 2013
|2 September 2013|
For more information about the Sound Sleep teaching pack and training, please see the following documents:
- Sound Sleep leaflet (.pdf)
- Sound Sleep pack preview (.pdf)
- Curriculum guidelines for Scotland (.pdf)
- Curriculum guidelines for England (.pdf)
- Curriculum guidelines for Wales (.pdf)
- Curriculum guidelines for Northern Ireland (.pdf)
See us in the news…
- BBC Radio Scotland — Make My Teenager Sleep article — information on a BBC Radio Scotland broadcast on the project
- CBC Radio in Canada — As It Happens (Part One — after 17:30)
Here are some articles written about Sound Sleep.