- 3rd October 2019
- Posted by: OmniaStudio
- Category: Expired
Hours: 10 hours per week (over 2 or 3 days to be agreed)
Salary: £24,720 per annum pro rata i.e. £7,062.86 for 10 hours per week
Closing date: 9.00am, Wednesday 16 October 2019
Interview date: 23 October 2019
About the Role: Sleep Scotland is looking to recruit an HR Manager to join our busy and dynamic, team. You will have recent experience in a similar role, be highly organised, a team player and able to provide pragmatic and responsive solutions across the organisation.
The core purpose of the role is:
- Managing and guiding the HR Administrator and senior management team, in relation to HR matters
- Maintaining processes and policies to make sure they are fair for all employees
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- Advise and support managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Oversee the administration of the payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Advise on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- To work collaboratively with the CEO/Deputy CEO and HR Board representative member.
- To build an organisational culture that embraces the Values and embedding it through a variety of ways including communication initiatives.
The HR Manager role is an important senior role and working collaboratively with colleagues is an exciting opportunity if you have:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualified
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal frameworks
- Experience working with HR information systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective time management with ability to shift priorities when needed.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete the following forms:
- application form (pdf) or application form (docx)
- Equalities Monitoring Form (pdf) or Equalities Monitoring Form (docx) — optional
The successful applicant for this post will be required to join for membership of the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) Scheme
Please submit completed forms by e-mail to email@example.com, or by post to the following address:
Sleep Scotland 18G Liberton Brae EDINBURGH EH16 6AE
Please note: CVs will not be accepted and Sleep Scotland does not use recruitment agencies.